February 25, 2017 at 10 a.m. The race will begin and end on 6th Street at the Government Plaza in Downtown Tuscaloosa.
What are the registration fees and how many spots are available for the 2017 Krispy Kreme Challenge?
- Kids 6 years and younger are FREE
- Kids 7 through 12 years are $20
- 13 years old and up are $35
- Each member of a team is $25/person
- REGISTRATION ON RACE DAY IS $50 PER PERSON – So register early!
Race bib and t-shirt pickup will take place during the day before the race at the Tuscaloosa Krispy Kreme on McFarland Blvd.
We’ll start on 6th Street at the Government Plaza and run/walk a one mile loop around downtown, eat a dozen doughnuts, and then run/walk another 1 mile loop. Race route is subject to change.
Limited spots will be available on the day of the event. To ensure a spot in the challenge, however, we recommend that you register a few weeks in advance. Again, REGISTRATION ON RACE DAY IS $50 PER PERSON – So register early!
I can no longer participate in the Krispy Kreme Challenge. Can I transfer my registration to a friend?
Yes, all registration transfers must be processed at packet pickup. Both parties involved in the transfer must be present, or the person receiving the transfer can bring a copy of the registered participant’s photo identification and a signed note approving the transfer.
Challengers and Casual Runners begin the race at the same time and receive a t-shirt and doughnuts. However, in order to claim victory of the Krispy Kreme Challenge, the runner must be registered as a Challenger, consume all twelve doughnuts, and complete the race in under one hour. Registration fees are the same for Challengers and Casual Runners alike.
Simple answer. NO! You can register as a Casual Runner rather than a Challenger and eat a few doughnuts or no doughnuts at all. However, to be considered for awards you must be registered as a Challenger, eat all twelve doughnuts, and complete the race in under one hour.
The Krispy Kreme Challenge is a family-friendly affair, so we encourage you to bring doughnut-lovers of all ages.
The rules for teams are as follows:
- Teams must consist of a minimum of 4 participants, with no more than 12 on a Team.
- Teams need a team name!! Teams are also encouraged to have fun with costumes, etc.
- Teams will be required to eat two dozen doughnuts (24 doughnuts split between the entire group) to qualify as a Challenger Team.
- Teams are not required to cross the finish line together. When each member crosses, they must report to the volunteer holding their team sign to be checked off the list. When all members are accounted for, the team volunteer will blow the whistle to signify they are finished.
- The time of the last team member of each group that crosses the finish line and checks in with the volunteer will be what determines the team finish time.
- We will award prizes for best team name, best costumes, and team place finishers.
Yes! Awards will be awarded as soon as the race concludes.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place cash prizes for top male Challengers
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place cash prizes for top female Challengers
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophy and doughnut party celebration for Teams
- Fun prizes will be awarded for best costume and team theme – details to come!